- Fire ants are common in southern Nevada and can deliver a painful bite.
- It can be difficult to control because you don’t want to kill them immediately, they need to take the pesticide back to the nest.
- Sanitation is crucial in keeping ants out of your home.
- 23 species in Nevada
- Females have 14-100 young on their back for 7-12 months
- Scorpions are nocturnal & live for 2-5 years.
- Bark scorpions are dangerous and have nasty stings. 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝟮 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.
- Reducing places that scorpions can hide is a great place to eliminate them. Places like a loose pile of wood.
- German cockroaches are very common in Las Vegas and surrounding areas.
- They are almost exclusively found in the kitchen or bathroom area as they thrive off of moisture.
- Cockroaches will eat just about anything, but they especially love greasy and fatty food remnants.
- Unfortunately, German Cockroaches are also very tricky to eliminate. Sanitation is very crucial in resolving a cockroach problem.
- Spiders tend to enter homes in the fall as the weather begins to cool down.
- There are only a couple of venomous spiders in Nevada: Black widow and brown desert.
- Proper control consists of de-webbing regularly and proper pesticide application.
- Reducing clutter around the yard helps to reduce spider populations
- There are 4 main rodents in Nevada:
- House mouse
- White-footed mouse
- The Deer rat
- The Norway rat
- Make sure that things are stored off of the floor, in tight containers, and away from walls is crucial in resolving rodent issues.
- Our treatment consists of using baiting stations that keep the bait away from pets and children but is still accessible to the rodent
- There are 2 main types of wasps: Social and solitary
- The social wasp colonies die off at the end of every season (fall, winter, summer, & fall)
- Solitary wasps rarely sting and are not very painful when they do
- For treating wasps, we kill the wasps directly and then remove the home
- It is not recommended to try and remove the wasp nests yourself as they will become agitated and attack